High School Athletics
Other Team Sports
Gillett School District and Gillett Athletics would like to express our thanks to the families of our athletes. Each family makes numerous adjustments to their schedules, and makes tremendous sacrifices during a sports season to ensure that the respective team can compete at the highest level. Your support of your athlete and his / her teammate is critical to the success of our sports program.
TEN COMMANDMENTS of SPORTSMANSHIP
- Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
- Enjoy yourself and promote enjoyment for others.
- Be responsible for your actions.
- Have an open mind to others weaknesses and have a forgiving attitude.
- Take pride in one’s performance and one’s school.
- Be a competitor, not an enemy, and create a positive environment.
- Encourage others to do or be their best.
- Sportsmanship should be contagious.
- Remember it is a privilege to participate.
- Practice sportsmanship in all situations at all costs.